· This famous rivalry could not be closer, with Barcelona leading 11-10 in EuroLeague Clasico clashes this century.
· Barcelona and Madrid have met in the semifinals of the EuroLeague Final Four on three occasions. The first was in 1996, when Barcelona won 76-66 in Paris behind 24 points from Arturas Karnisovas. Madrid was victorious 67-74 in London in 2013 thanks to 17 points from Felipe Reyes. The following season, Madrid routed Barcelona 62-100 in Milan, Italy, as Sergio Rodriguez starred with 21 points.
· Barcelona center Kevin Seraphin and Madrid guard Fabien Causeur were teammates at Cholet during the 2009-10 season.
· Causeur was a teammate of Barcelona guard Thomas Heurtel and forward Adam Hanga at Baskonia. He played alongside his French countryman Heurtel for two and a half seasons, from 2012 to 2014, and with Hanga in the 2013-14 and 2015-16 EuroLeague campaigns.
· Real Madrid’s Anthony Randolph was a teammate of Barcelona’s Victor Claver at Lokomotiv Kuban Krasnodar during the 2015-16 season. They reached the EuroLeague Final Four together
· Rudy Fernandez of Madrid and Pau Ribas of Barcelona were teammates at Joventut Badalona for four seasons, from 2004 to 2008. In recent years they have been teammates on the Spanish national team, too.
· Barcelona center Ante Tomic played two and a half seasons for Real Madrid between 2009 and 2012. He was a teammate there of current Madrid players, Felipe Reyes, Sergio Llull, Rudy Fernandez and Jaycee Carroll, and played under Coach Pablo Laso in the 2011-12 season, too.
· Madrid big man Felipe Reyes and Barcelona guard Juan Carlos Navarro have been playing together for the Spanish national team the entire century, making a bronze at EuroBasket 2001 their first medal together and proceeding to win a total of three Olympic medals, a 2006 World Championship gold, and six EuroBasket medals, including 2009 and 2011 golds.
· Navarro and Reyes have also for years been teammates on the national team of Barcelona’s Victor Claver and Madrid’s Rudy Fernandez and Sergio Llull. Pau Ribas joined all five of them in on Spain’s silver-medal winning team at the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio.
· Juan Carlos Navarro posted his career high in steals with 4 for Barcelona against Real Madrid in January 2009.
· Sasha Vezenkov posted his career high in rebounds with 10 for FC Barcelona Lassa against Real Madrid in November 2016.
· Madrid's injured big man Anthony Randolph posted his career high in scoring with 28 points for Lokomotiv Kuban Krasnodar against FC Barcelona Lassa in April 2016.
· Rudy Fernandez posted his career high in index rating with 38 for Real Madrid against FC Barcelona Lassa in February 2015.