CSKA Moscow vs. Olympiacos Piraeus
· A clash of titans sees CSKA hold a 16-8 overall edge in games between the sides, but Olympiacos has won all four of their Final Four meetings since 2012.
· Jamel McLean was co-MVP of Round 13, when he posted 25 points and a career-high 12 rebounds for a performance index rating of 30 in Olympiacos's 88-86 win over CSKA.
· CSKA and Olympiacos battled for the Turkish Airlines EuroLeague crown in the 2012 championship game in Istanbul. In one of the greatest comebacks in sports history, Olympiacos rallied from a 19-point deficit in the final 13 minutes to beat CSKA 62-61 on a game-winning shot by Georgios Printezis with 0.7 seconds left. Kostas Papanikolaou had a team-high 18 points in the game.
· Olympiacos and CSKA met in the semifinals at the 2013 Final Four in London. The Reds rolled past CSKA Moscow 52-69. Kyle Hines and Pero Antic paced Olympiacos with 13 points apiece.
· CSKA and Olympiacos battled in the 2015 Turkish Airlines EuroLeague semifinals in Madrid. CSKA led 61-52 with less than four minutes left, but Vassilis Spanoulis scored 11 of his 13 points in crunch time to carry Olympiacos to a 68-70 victory. Spanoulis missed his first 11 shots of the game and had a performance index rating of minus-4 entering the fourth quarter.
· Olympiacos mounted another famous comeback to take last season's semifinal, recovering from 13 points down to triumph 82-78 behind 14 points apiece from Vassilis Spanoulis, Georgios Printezis and Kostas Papanikolaou.
· CSKA guard Leo Westermann and Olympiacos forward Kim Tillie were teammates at ASVEL Villeurbanne for two seasons, from 2010 to 2012. The two also teamed up playing for the French national team.
· CSKA guard Nando De Colo has also been a teammate of Kim Tillie on the French national team.
· Westermann and Olympiacos center Nikola Milutinov were teammates at Partizan Belgrade for two seasons, from 2012 through 2014.
· CSKA’s Othello Hunter played with Olympiacos for two seasons, from 2014 to 2016, and was a teammate of several players on the Reds’ current roster.
· Kyle Hines spent two seasons with Olympiacos from 2011 through 2013 and helped the Reds win back-to-back Euroleague titles. He was a teammate there of four current Olympiacos players: Vassilis Spanoulis, Georgios Printezis, Kostas Papanikolaou and Vangelis Mantzaris.
· CSKA forward Nikita Kurbanov was a teammate of Olympiacos sharpshooter Janis Strelnieks; the two played together at Spartak St. Petersburg during the 2012-13 season.
· Olympiacos guard Brian Roberts and Hines were teammates at Brose Bamberg during the 2010-11 season.
· Olympiacos Coach Giannis Sfairopoulos was an assistant coach with CSKA Moscow during the 2011-12 season, during which CSKA reached the EuroLeague Championship Game, but lost to Olympiacos. Three current CSKA players remain from that squad: Nikita Kurbanov, Andrey Vorontsevich and Victor Khryapa.
· CSKA center Othello Hunter set a career high in blocks with 4 playing for Montepaschi Siena against Olympiacos in November 2013.
· Ioannis Papapetrou set his career high in scoring with 16 points against CSKA in April of last season.
· Injured Olympiacos forward Dimitrios Agravanis matched his career high in offensive rebounds with 5 against CSKA in April 2016.
· Olympiacos guard Vangelis Mantzaris set a career high in steals with 3 against CSKA in April of last season.