Khimki Moscow Region vs. CSKA Moscow
· In six EuroLeague clashes between these local rivals, CSKA has won the last five meetings, including all four this season.
· CSKA held on in Game 1 of the playoffs for a tough 98-95 victory over Khimki as Sergio Rodriguez paced six CSKA scorers in double figures with 22 points on 5-of-8 three-point shooting plus 5 assists. Othello Hunter contributed with 18 points plus 8 rebounds.
· In Game 2, CSKA pulled out an 89-84 win, again behind Rodriguez who had a career-high 26 points plus 10 assists, while Cory Higgins added 19 points.
· CSKA won both regular season meetings, too. In Round 28, CSKA won on the road 73-90 behind 16 points apiece from Nando De Colo and Othello Hunter. In Round 14, CSKA beat Khimki 79-68 as Cory Higgins scored a career-high 26 points and accumulated a career-best PIR of 31, earning Round 14 co-MVP honors. Nikita Kurbanov tied his career-best with 18 points in victory.
· CSKA's Will Clyburn and Khimki's James Anderson were teammates at Darussafaka Istanbul last season.
· CSKA’s Kyle Hines and Khimki head coach Georgios Bartzokas won the 2013 EuroLeague title together at Olympiacos Piraeus.
· Nikita Kurbanov of CSKA and Khimki big man Dmitry Sokolov were teammates at UNICS Kazan in 2013-14 season, when they reached the EuroCup Finals together.
· Before joining his current club CSKA, Vitaly Fridzon played at Khimki Moscow Region for nine seasons, from 2004 to 2013. He helped the team win the 2008 Russian Cup and 2012 EuroCup crowns. He was a teammate with Sergey Monia for the last three seasons and Egor Vialtsev his last two seasons with the club.
· Khimki point guard Stefan Markovic was a teammate of CSKA guard Nando De Colo during the 2011-12 season at Valencia Basket. The backcourt duo helped Valencia reach the EuroCup Championship Game that season.
· CSKA head coach Dimitris Itoudis coached Khimki guard Stefan Markovic during the 2013-14 season at Banvit Bandirma in Turkey.
· Alexey Shved played for the CSKA juniors and Sergey Monia and Egor Vialtsev both came to the club as teenagers. Shved played parts of seven seasons for CSKA between 2005 and 2012 and won the 2008 Euroleague with the club. Monia spent three seasons with CSKA and Vialtsev two.
· Khimki players Alexey Shved and Andrey Zubkov were teammates on the Russian national team with CSKA’s Vitaly Fridzon, Semen Antonov, Andrey Vorontsevich, Nikita Kurbanov and Mikhail Kulagin at EuroBasket 2017 last summer.
· The Russian national team has, over the years, fielded CSKA players such as Victor Khryapa and Pavel Korobkov, as well as Khimki’s Sergey Monia, Ruslan Pateev, Egor Vialtsev and Dmitry Sokolov.
· Khimki guard Stefan Markovic posted his career high in assists with 10 for Unicaja Malaga against CSKA Moscow in March of 2015.
· Khimki guard Charles Jenkins posted his career high in performance index rating with 24 and had a career-best 6 steals playing for Crvena Zvezda mts Belgrade against CSKA in December of last season.
· CSKA center Othello Hunter had a career-high performance index rating of 28 in Game 1 win over Khimki on Tuesday.
· Khimki guard Egor Vialtsev netter a career-high 21 points in the Game 1 loss against CSKA.
· CSKA guard Sergio Rodriguez had career-highs of 26 points and a performance index rating of 36 in Game 2.
· Khimki’s Anthony Gill matched his career-high with 24 points and set his personal-best with PIR of 30 in Game 2.
· CSKA’s Cory Higgins made a career-high 14 free throws on 16 attempts against Khimki in 79-68 win in Round 14.