Zalgiris Kaunas vs. Olympiacos Piraeus
· Olympiacos holds a 12-6 edge over Zalgiris in EuroLeague games played this century and has won five of the last eight games in Kaunas. Zalgiris has won three of four games this season.
· In Game 1 on Wednesday, Zalgiris played its first EuroLeague Playoffs game and edged Olympiacos 78-87 in overtime. Brandon Davies had career-highs of 21 points, 8 rebounds and 3 blocks, and Kevin Pangos had 20 points and 6 assists.
· Olympiacos held off Zalgiris 79-68 in Game 2 of this series for its first win in four head-to-head meetings this season. Jamel McLean led the scoring with 21 points, while Vassilis Spanoulis netted 17 in victory. Brandon Davies scored 20 for Zalgiris.
· Zalgiris swept Olympiacos in the regular season. In Round 15 in Kaunas, Arturas Milaknis and Kevin Pangos scored 14 points apiece in a 74-68 Zalgiris win. In a Round 30 clash in Piraeus, Brandon Davies had 18 points, 6 rebounds and 4 steals, and Paulius Jankunas scored 15, including a game-winning tip-in with 2.9 seconds left in overtime for an 85-86 win.
· Zalgiris and Olympiacos faced each other in the 1999 Final Four in Munich, Germany. It was the first-ever official clash between these two sides, and Zalgiris downed Olympiacos 87-71 in the semifinals behind 19 points from Anthony Bowie and went on to lift its first – and to date only – EuroLeague trophy.
· Zalgiris head coach Sarunas Jasikevicius was a teammate of Olympiacos guard Vassilis Spanoulis at Panathinaikos Athens for three seasons from 2007 through 2010. The two won the 2009 EuroLeague title together.
· Olympiacos big man Georgios Bogris was a teammate of Zalgiris Coach Jasikevicius at Panathinaikos for the 2009-10 season.
· Olympiacos forward Ioannis Papapetrou blocked a career high 3 shots in a 75-88 Olympiacos win over Zalgiris in December 2016.
· EuroLeague rookie Brandon Davies set career-highs with 21 points, 8 total rebounds, 6 offensive rebounds, 3 blocks and a performance index rating of 26 in Game 1 of this series.
· Davies had a career-high 4 steals in Zalgiris's Round 30 win road over Olympiacos.
· Olympiacos guard Vassilis Spanoulis set his playoff-high with 25 points in Game 1 of this series.
· Playing in his first season in the competition, Olympiacos forward Hollis Thompson pulled down a EuroLeague career-high 8 rebounds in a Round 15 loss against Zalgiris.