· The Russian side has dominated Unicaja in the past, winning 19 of their 23 matchups, and the last six in Malaga.
· CSKA downed Unicaja 62-50 in the 2007 EuroLeague Final Four semifinals. Trajan Langdon scored 13 points for CSKA, and Carlos Cabezas had 13 for Unicaja in that game. That has been the only Unicaja trip to the Final Four.
· The teams picked up an away win apiece when they last met in the 2015-16 regular season. Unicaja prevailed 78-86 in Moscow, before Nando De Colo scored 18 as CSKA triumphed 76-88 in Spain.
· CSKA made 33 two-point shots, its record in EuroLeague play this century, against Unicaja in February of 2003.
· Carlos Suarez and Sergio Rodriguez were teammates at Estudiantes for the 2006-07 season and with Real Madrid for three seasons, from 2010 to 2013.
· Dani Diez and Rodriguez were teammates at Real Madrid in the 2013-14 season.
· James Augustine was with CSKA last season; he played under Coach Dimitris Itoudis and was a teammate of most of the CSKA current roster.
· Augustine and CSKA guard Vitaly Fridzon were also teammates at Khimki Moscow Region for the 2013-13 season.
· During the 2010-11 season, Augustine was a teammate of CSKA guard Nando De Colo at Valencia Basket.
· CSKA center Alan Makiev was a teammate of Unicaja forward Jeff Brooks at Avtodor Saratov during the 2015-16 campaign.
· Nando De Colo had one of the best performances of his Euroleague career against Unicaja in January of 2015. He scored 28 points and did not miss a shot (7 of 7 two-pointers, 4 of 4 three-pointers, 2 of 2 free throws) in leading CSKA to a 101-74 victory.
· Unicaja's Dejan Musli had a career game against CSKA. Playing for Partizan NIS Belgrade in October of 2012, he collected 8 points, a career-best 10 rebounds, a career-high 4 steals, 1 block and posted his career high in index rating with 20.