Turkish Airlines Euroleague
December 22, 2014
bwin Euroleague Fantasy Challenge
Tel Aviv 2004
Euroleague Basketball World Tour
TAE Qualifying Rounds 2014
adidas Next Generation Tournament
TOP 16 DRAW PROCEDURE
January 29, 2008
Barcelona, January 29th, 2008.
After announcing the Euroleague Basketball Top 16 Draw that will be held next Monday, February 4, at 12:45 CET at the Real Casa de Correos in Madrid, find below the Top 16 Draw Procedure.
The Draw of the Groups will be held according to levels. The 16 classified teams will be divided into four levels of four teams each, based on their final standings in the Regular Season, according to the following chart.
Aris TT Bank
In accordance with the Euroleague Basketball Regulations, the criteria to define the classification will be as follows:
1.- REGULAR SEASON: the final classification in each group will be based first on the highest number of victories, then in accordance with the Euroleague Basketball tiebreak procedures for teams that have played each other twice.
WHEN ALL TEAMS HAVE PLAYED EACH OTHER TWICE:
1. Best record in head-to-head games between all tied teams.
2. Higher cumulative score difference in head-to-head games between all tied teams.
3. Higher cumulative score difference for the entire regular season.
4. Higher total of points scored for the entire regular season.
5. Higher sum of quotients of points in favor and points against of each match played.
2 - The best second-place team, the worst third-place team, and the best sixth-place team will be determined first by highest number of victories, then in accordance with the Euroleague Basketball tiebreak procedures.
WHEN TEAMS HAVE TIED ON VICTORIESAND HAVE NOT PLAYED EACH OTHER:
1. Higher cumulative score difference for the entire regular season.
2. Higher total of points scored for the entire regular season.
3. Higher sum of quotients of points in favor and points against of each match played.
Four draws will be held, one for each level, starting with the first level, and following with the procedure explained below.
From the beginning of the draw, teams coming from the same Regular Season group or teams from the same country will not coincide in the same Top 16 group.
Since it is impossible to respect these restrictions 100% (there are three Regular Season groups but four Top 16 groups / in Euroleague Basketball there are countries with four representatives), the following conditions will be enforced:
a) A maximum of two teams from the same Regular Season group may coincide in the same Top 16 group.
b) A maximum of two teams from the same country may coincide in the same Top 16 group.
*Priority between these two restrictions will be given to a), non-coincidence from Regular Season group.
- Four draws will be held, one for each level, starting with the first level.
- The levels will be drawn one at a time in order starting with Level 1, with each ball representing a team from the level being drawn. As the balls are drawn, the team that is picked will be placed in the next available spot in the groups following the order (D-E-F-G), taking into account the restrictions stipulated above.
- From the beginning of the draw, if an incompatibility occurs with a team drawn, that team will go to the next available spot (i.e., next available group) until it is no longer possible to avoid incompatibilities.
- If there is no compatible spot available following the above procedures, then the team in question will trade places with a team of the same level following the order of the groups (D-E-F-G), when possible.
- The draw will continue in the manner explained above until all the levels have been drawn.
Send to a Friend
Martynas Mazeika, Neptunas Klaipeda
He has been playing for Neptunas Klaipeda longer than anyone can remember. As with most players in the club,...
James Anderson , Zalgiris Kaunas
Zalgiris Kaunas is celebrating its 70th anniversary and its main focus is trying to make it a season to remember on...
Adrien Moerman, Limoges CSP
These are good times for Limoges CSP, which is back in the top continental competition for the first time since 1998.