The draw will be held according to seeds. The 16 classified teams will be divided into four seeds of four teams each, based on their final standings in the Regular Season, according to the following chart:
In accordance with the Euroleague Basketball Regulations, the criteria to define the classification will be as follows:
REGULAR SEASON: the final classification in each group will be based first on the highest number of victories, then in accordance with the Euroleague Basketball tiebreak procedures for teams that have played each other twice.
WHEN ALL TEAMS HAVE PLAYED EACH OTHER TWICE:
1. Best record in head-to-head games between all tied teams.
2. Higher cumulative score difference in head-to-head games between all tied teams.
3. Higher cumulative score difference for the entire regular season.
4. Higher total of points scored for the entire regular season.
5. Higher sum of quotients of points in favour and points against of each match played.
Four successive draws will be held, one for each seed, starting with the 1 Seeds, and following with the procedure explained below.
Teams coming from the same Regular Season Group will be kept from coinciding in the same Top 16 Group, whilst in the same Top 16 Group, an effort will be made to keep teams from the same country from coinciding in the same Top 16 Group. Restriction 1) takes precedence over restriction 2).
1- Teams from the same Regular Season Group may not coincide in the same Top 16 Group.
2- An effort will be made to limit the maximum number of teams from the same country coinciding in the same Top 16 Group to two. Teams from the Adriatic League will also follow this restriction.
· Four draws will be held, one for each seed, starting with the 1 Seeds.
· Teams will be drawn one by one from an urn containing only teams from the Seed, starting with the 1 Seeds through to the 4 Seeds, until all 16 teams have been selected.
· For each spot drawn, the urn will be emptied and refilled with only the teams from the seed drawn who are available to be selected, taking into consideration the above restrictions.
- Same Regular Season Group: In the Top 16, teams from the same Regular Season Group may not coincide in the same group. When drawing teams from the 2 Seeds through to the 4 Seeds, only those teams from a different Regular Season Group than the ones already drawn into the Top 16 Group will be placed in the urn.
- Same Country: If a spot is to be drawn into a Group where there is already a team from a specific country, teams from that country will not be placed in the urn. The exception will occur if this would then cause a blocked situation in a different Group that is still to be drawn, in which case the team(s) from the same country or countries will be placed in the urn. Also, if a certain team(s) cannot be drawn into a different Group that is still to be drawn because this would then block said Group, this team(s) will be the only one(s) placed in the urn.
- As a result a team may be placed directly into a Top 16 Group in order to follow the restrictions.
A random computer draw will determine the final position of the teams within their group after the draw has taken place.
· The pairings calendar for the Top 16 will be drawn by allocating letters from a to d to the teams in each group. This will establish the match-ups for the entire Top 16.
· The Top 16 games will be held according to the following chart:
Game Day 1 a-c b-d
Game Day 2 d-a c-b
Game Day 3 c-d a-b
Game Day 4 d-c b-a
Game Day 5 c-a d-b
Game Day 6 a-d b-c
Non-coincidence letters (when one team plays at home, the other plays away):
a with d; b with c
· Teams playing in the same city/arena (Efes Pilsen Istanbul-Fenerbahce Ulker Istanbul / Olympiacos Piraeus-Panathinaikos Athens): The non-coincidence letters will be allocated to teams that play in the same city/arena, so that when one team plays at home the other will play away.