Turkish Airlines Euroleague
May 20, 2013
bwin Euroleague Fantasy Challenge
Tel Aviv 2004
Qualifying Rounds 2012
NIKE International Junior Tournament
2012-13 Turkish Airlines Euroleague Draw criteria and procedure
QUALIFYING ROUNDS DRAW CRITERIA & PROCEDURE
The Qualifying Rounds will consist of three rounds, QR1, QR2 and QR3.
QUALIFYING ROUNDS DRAW
• There will be a seeded draw, placing teams into an eight team bracket. Teams will be separated into four seeds according to the Club Ranking described in this appendix. Teams entering the draw following a renouncement will be seeded according to the Club Ranking. Teams granted a Wild Card by ECA will be seeded above the rest of the teams.
• The draw will be conducted with four different urns. One of the urns will have the 1 Seeds, the next the 2 Seeds, the next the 3 Seeds, the next the 4 Seeds.
• The 1 Seeds will be drawn first. As teams are drawn, they will be placed directly in the next available spot for a 1 Seed in each bracket. This will continue until both 1 Seeds have been drawn.
• The 2 Seeds will be drawn next. As teams are drawn, they will be placed directly in the next available spot for a 2 Seed in each bracket. This will continue until both 2 Seeds have been drawn.
• The 3 Seeds will be drawn next. As teams are drawn, they will be placed directly in the next available spot for a 3 Seed in each bracket. This will continue until both 3 Seeds have been drawn.
• The 4 Seeds will be drawn next. As teams are drawn, they will be placed directly in the next available spot for a 4 Seed in each bracket. This will continue until both 4 Seeds have been drawn.
2012-13 QUALIFYING ROUNDS DRAW SEEDS
CEZ BASKETBALL NYMBURK
LE MANS SARTHE BASKET
PBC LUKOIL ACADEMIC SOFIA
• The four winning teams in Qualifying Round 1 will proceed to Qualifying Round 2, and will face the next opponent in the bracket. The two winning teams in Qualifying Round 2 will proceed to Qualifying Round 3, and will face the next opponent in the bracket. The winning team in Qualifying Round 3 will proceed to the Turkish Airlines Euroleague Regular Season.
REGULAR SEASON DRAW CRITERIA & PROCEDURE
The draw will be held according to seeds.
• The 23 directly qualified teams will be divided into six seeds with four teams in each, in accordance with the Club Ranking described in Appendix I of the Euroleague Basketball Club Licensing Rules.
• The performance of teams in European competitions during a three year period will be used. Each club will get 2 points for a win and 1 point for a draw or loss from the Regular Season onwards. 2 bonus points are allocated for reaching the last 16, 2 bonus points are allocated for reaching the last 8, 1 bonus point is allocated for reaching the last 4, 1 bonus point is allocated for reaching the Final. The Club Ranking consists of the sum of the club coefficients from the last three years. If two or more teams have the same Club Ranking, the tie will be resolved by the total number of wins during the three year period. Should a tie persist, the final standings in the Euroleague and if necessary Eurocup from the previous season will be used to break the tie.
• The first four teams from the Club Ranking participating in the Regular Season will be 1 Seeds, the next four 2 Seeds, the next four 3 Seeds, the next four 4 Seeds, the next four 5 Seeds, and the remaining two teams will be 6 Seeds. The team coming from the Qualifying Rounds will also be 6 Seeds.
GROUP DRAW RESTRICTION
The restriction when drawing the teams into groups is the following:
• 2 teams from the same country cannot coincide in the same Regular Season group.
GROUP DRAW PROCEDURE
• Teams will be drawn one by one from an urn containing only teams in the same Seed, from the 1 Seeds through to the 6 Seeds, until all 24 teams have been selected. The last spot will be allocated to the QR team.
• For each spot drawn, the urn will be emptied and refilled with only those teams from the level drawn, taking into consideration any restrictions.
• In the Regular Season, teams from the same country may not coincide in the same group. Therefore, when drawing teams from the 2 Seeds through to the 6 Seeds, only those teams from a country different than the ones already drawn into the Group will be placed in the urn.
• e.g.1. If a spot is to be drawn into a Group where there is already a team from a specific country, the teams from the country in question will not be placed in the urn.
• e.g.2. If a spot is to be drawn into a Group and a certain team(s) cannot be drawn in a later Group, this team(s) will be the only ones placed in the urn.
• A team may be placed directly into a Group in order to follow the restriction mentioned above.
Drawing the teams as explained above, will allow all restrictions to be respected and will eliminate all possibilities of a blocked situation.
A random computer draw will determine the final position of teams within their group.
• The Regular Season calendar draw will allocate letters from A to F to the teams in each group. This will establish the match-ups for the entire Regular Season.
• The Regular Season games will be held according to the following chart:
Game Day 1 F-C D-B E-A Game Day 6
Game Day 2 A-F B-E C-D Game Day 7
Game Day 3 F-D E-C A-B Game Day 8
Game Day 4 F-B C-A D-E Game Day 9
Game Day 5 E-F A-D B-C Game Day 10
Non-coincidence letters: (when one team plays at home, the other plays away): A with D; B with F; C with E.
CALENDAR DRAW RESTRICTIONS
• Specific letters will be allocated to the teams participating in the Euroleague Opening Game.
• Teams playing in the same city/arena (Anadolu Efes Istanbul and Besiktas, Olympiacos Piraeus and Panathinaikos Athens, CSKA Moscow and Khimki Moscow Region): non-coincidence letters will be allocated to teams that play in the same city/arena, so that when one team plays at home the other will play away.
2012-13 EUROLEAGUE BASKETBALL REGULAR SEASON GROUP DRAW SEEDS
FC BARCELONA REGAL
MACCABI TEL AVIV
CAJA LABORAL VITORIA
BC KHIMKI MOSCOW REGION
PARTIZAN mt:s BELGRADE
ANADOLU EFES ISTANBUL
LIETUVOS RYTAS VILNIUS
ASSECO PROKOM GDYNIA
EA7 EMPORIO ARMANI
BROSE BASKETS BAMBERG
UNION OLIMPIJA LJUBLJANA
BESIKTAS JK ISTANBUL
The official names of the teams will be updated according to the information received at the Euroleague Basketball Office from each club by Monday, July 2nd.
Thursday, July 05, 2012
Send to a Friend
2012-13 Turkish Airlines Euroleague Draw results
ECA Shareholders Meeting approves change in qualifying rounds draw procedure
Pre-draw profile: Maccabi Electra
Pre-draw profile: Panathinaikos
Pre-draw profile: Montepaschi Siena
Sergio Llull , Real Madrid
By reaching its second Final Four in three years, Real Madrid has proved that it is ready to start a new era and to...
Sarunas Jasikevicius , FC Barcelona Regal
As arguably the most successful active player in the competition, Sarunas Jasikevicius of FC Barcelona Regal is...
Stratos Perperoglou , Olympiacos Piraeus
After becoming the last team to reach the Final Four, reigning Turkish Airlines Euroleague champion Olympiacos...
Nenad Krstic , CSKA Moscow
A second straight dominant season for both CSKA Moscow and star center Nenad Krstic has both player and club poised...