Real Madrid vs AX Armani Exchange Olimpia Milan
· Real has won 12 straight games against Milan dating back to 2009. Real has won all seven games between them on its home floor this century.
· In 1964, Real Madrid and Simmenthal Milano faced each other in the two-game semifinals. Real Madrid bounced back from a 5-point loss in Game 1 to beat Milan 101-78 at Fronton Fiesta Alegre in the Spanish capital. Emiliano Rodriguez scored 31 points for Madrid and Clifford Luyk added 28. Real Madrid went on to win its first continental title.
· In the 1967 European Cup final played in Madrid - under a Final Four format for just the second time, and the last until the format became the standard in 1988, Real Madrid downed Simmenthal Milan 91-83 behind 29 points from Emiliano Rodriguez.
· Real Madrid and Milan met in the 1984 Cup Winners' Cup title game played in Ostend, Belgium. It came down to the final seconds, in which Brian Jackson drew a foul and sank both free throws to lift Real Madrid past Simac Milan 82-81. Jackson was the top scorer with 27 points.
· Real's current 12-game winning streak against Milan began in 2009, which was the first of Coach Ettore Messina’s two seasons on the Real bench. He had a 23-13 record in those two seasons in EuroLeague games. Current Real players Felipe Reyes and Sergio Llull both played under Messina in that period.
· Milan guard Sergio Rodriguez played for Real Madrid from 2010 to 2016 and in those six seasons made four Final Four appearances, won the 2015 title and was named 2014 EuroLeague MVP. He was a teammate of current Real players Sergio Llull and Felipe Reyes for the entire time there, played five seasons under Coach Pablo Laso and was a teammate for five seasons with Rudy Fernandez and Jaycee Carroll. Rodriguez also played alongside Facundo Campazzo, Salah Mejri, Trey Thompkins and Jeffery Taylor during his years in Madrid.
· Milan guard Michael Roll was a teammate of Real guard Adam Causeur at Laboral Kutxa, today KIROLBET Baskonia Vitoria-Gasteiz, briefly at the end of 2015-16 season.
· Milan center Arturas Gudaitis and Real point guard Nicolas Laprovittola were teammates at Rytas Vilnius during the 2015-16 season.
· Milan center Arturas Gudaitis posted career-highs of 20 points and 4 blocks against Real in October 2017.
· Last season in Round 2, Madrid rallied from a 15-point deficit to beat Milan 85-91 as Anthony Randolph paced the winners with 25 points and 11 rebounds; his PIR of 33 earned him co-MVP of the Round honors.
· Anthony Randolph pulled down a career-high 14 rebounds in Real’s 90-101 win in Milan in October 2016.
· Jordan Mickey set his career-highs in points (26) and PIR (32) playing for Khimki Moscow Region against Milan in October of last season.
· Milan guard Nemanja Nedovic matched his career-high with 3 steals against Madrid in October 2018.
· Real forward Trey Thompkins matched his career-high with 15 total rebounds, all defensive, playing for Nizhny Novgorod against Milan in January 2015.
· Milan guard Michael Roll had career-highs of 23 points, PIR 26 and 3 steals playing for Maccabi FOX Tel Aviv against Real Madrid in January 2019.