The countdown is on for the start of the 2019-20 Turkish Airlines EuroLeague season on October 3! The new EuroLeague season once again promises great matchups, week in and week out, but also more teams and games to enjoy than ever before in European club basketball. Season-long drama is in store, that's for certain. Just check out the matchups in Round 19!
Zalgiris likes Belgrade
· Zalgiris has won two of its three clashes against Zvezda in Belgrade this century. However, the Serbian powerhouse won their last showdown, 77-65 at home in the 2017-18 season.
Aito seeks revenge
· ALBA head coach Aito Garcia Reneses lost the 1997 EuroLeague Championship Game against Olympiacos.
A brief history
·The first time Valencia and Khimki played each other at the EuroLeague level was two seasons ago, 2017-18. They split their two regular-season meetings with each team winning at home.
· The last time these teams met in the Greek capital was last season when Ioannis Papapetrou matched his season-high with 18 points and 3 assists and added 8 rebounds in a 77-67 Panathinaikos victory.
Tibor’s big night
· Efes center Tibor Pleiss had a career game playing for Baskonia Vitoria-Gasteiz against Milan in March 2014. He posted 30 points and 13 rebounds for a PIR of 43 – all career highs.
More than 50 years ago...
· ASVEL and Fenerbahce faced each other in eighthfinals of the 1968 Cup Winners Cup. ASVEL advanced from the two-game, total-points series on aggregate 125-116 thanks to a 64-48 second-leg victory at home.
A playmaker-center reunion
· Barcelona center Brandon Davies and Maccabi guard Nate Wolters were teammates last season at Zalgiris Kaunas.
Sweet-shooting former teammates
· Baskonia sharpshooter Matt Janning was a teammate of Zenit forward Andrey Zubkov at Lokomotiv Kuban Krasnodar during the 2015-16 season when they reached the EuroLeague Final Four. Zubkov and Janning were teammates at Lokomotiv in the 2016-17 season, too.
The last two champs
· CSKA and Real have faced each other in the semifinals of the last two Final Fours. In 2018 in Belgrade, Real won and went on to win its tenth EuroLeague title. Last May, CSKA beat Real in the semis then went on to lift its eighth crown.