The countdown is on for the start of the 2019-20 Turkish Airlines EuroLeague season on October 3! The new EuroLeague season once again promises great matchups, week in and week out, but also more teams and games to enjoy than ever before in European club basketball. Season-long drama is in store, that's for certain. Just check out the matchups in Round 11!
Always a close contest
· Fenerbahce has a 7-3 record in previous meetings with Khimki, but its last five wins have come by a margin of 9 points or fewer.
A history of even sweeps
· Crvena Zvezda is 4-0 this century against Valencia in the EuroLeague. However, Valencia is 4-0 against Zvezda in the 7DAYS EuroCup games. Last season, Valencia swept their EuroCup Top 16 series.
A good run for the home teams
· ALBA and Zalgiris are 3-3 all-time and the home team has won every game.
As close as it gets
· Panathinaikos leads the series against Baskonia 13-12 in meetings this century. The home team has won the last four games between the sides, but three of those four have been decided by 4 points or less.
For the first time in 14 years...
· Maccabi is 4-2 against ASVEL. Their first showdown came in 1978. Maccabi and ASVEL have not faced each other since 2005.
A Real first
· This is the first time Real Madrid visits St.Petersburg for an official game and it will be welcomed by big man Gustavo Ayon, now with Zenit, who spent the past five seasons with Real and helped the team win EuroLeague titles in 2015 and 2018.
What can Bayern do better?
Bayern and Efes played for the first time ever last season and Efes won their two regular-season games by a combined margin of 34 points.
Milan looks to continue momentum
· Olympiacos leads 12-6 in games between these sides this century, but Milan beat the Reds twice last season, including a 75-99 drubbing in Piraeus.
Barca’s happy CSKA memories
·Both times Barcelona won its EuroLeague titles, it beat CSKA in the Final Four semifinals – in 2003 and in 2010.