The countdown is on for the start of the 2019-20 Turkish Airlines EuroLeague season on October 3! The new EuroLeague season once again promises great matchups, week in and week out, but also more teams and games to enjoy than ever before in European club basketball. Season-long drama is in store, that's for certain. Just check out the matchups in Round 12!
·This contest will mark the 400th EuroLeague game Zalgiris has played this century.
Maccabi’s perfect mark
· Maccabi is undefeated in the EuroLeague against Bayern; they’ve met four times and the Israeli champs had the last laugh each time.
A streaky history
· There have only been four previous EuroLeague meetings this century between these teams and Zvezda has won all four. There were nine clashes from 1971 to 1989, and Milan won eight of those.
· There have only been seven previous EuroLeague meetings between these Spanish rivals and five of them came in the 2011 playoff series, which Real won 3-2. Only Sergio Llull and Felipe Reyes remain on the Real roster from the 2011 playoffs series; no current Valencia players featured in those games.
Claver’s Khimki past
· Victor Claver played for Khimki at the end of the 2014-15 season, but was not registered and did not help the team win the EuroCup. He was also a teammate of Sergey Monia.
Previously in the EuroCup...
· ASVEL swept Zenit in 2017-18 7DAYS EuroCup regular season, winning 88-85 at home, and 89-92 in St.Petersburg. ASVEL again swept Zenit last season in the same competition, winning 89-68 at home then pulling out an 81-84 overtime victory on the road.
More than a decade ago
· In their only previous meeting in the EuroLeague this century, Fenerbahce and ALBA split home wins during the 2008-09 regular season.
An almost even Athens derby
· These two archrivals have met 11 times this century in the EuroLeague and Olympiacos leads the series 6-5.
Efes returns to Buesa Arena
· Efes returns to Fernando Buesa Arena, where it achieved the club's greatest EuroLeague success by reaching the championship game last May.