The countdown is on for the start of the 2019-20 Turkish Airlines EuroLeague season on October 3! The new EuroLeague season once again promises great matchups, week in and week out, but also more teams and games to enjoy than ever before in European club basketball. Season-long drama is in store, that's for certain. Just check out the matchups in Round 13!
A EuroLeague first
· Khimki and ALBA have faced each other four previous times, but they were all in the 7DAYS EuroCup, first in 2006-07 and again in 2016-17. Khimki holds a 3-1 head-to-head edge; ALBA only managed to win at home in 2007 after overtime, 90-83. This will be the teams’ first EuroLeague encounter.
Larkin's smashing Final Four performance
· The last time Efes and Fenerbahce faced each other in the EuroLeague, Shane Larkin shined with 30 points, 7 assists and 7 rebounds and a Final Four record this century in performance index rating with 43.
Baskonia pours in the points
· Baskonia reached triple figures in points only four times in the previous two seasons and one of those games came in its last meeting with Zvezda in February 2018. Baskonia recorded a 103-84 victory with Matt Janning coming off the bench for 18 points on 6-of-11 three-point shooting in 17 minutes.
CSKA’s new Maccabi-beaters
· A pair of CSKA’s off-season acquisitions came from Baskonia and Johannes Voigtmann and Darrun Hilliard have both set their career-highs against Maccabi. Voigtmann had 23 points in December 2016, and Hilliard netted 19 points against Maccabi last season.
An even rivalry
· In this heavyweight matchup, Real holds a 15-14 edge in their meetings since the turn of the century. They have 10 wins apiece in their last 20 clashes, including splitting home wins last season.
Motum returns to his first EuroLeague home
· Valencia forward Brock Motum played at Zalgiris for two seasons, from 2015 to 2017. He played under head coach Sarunas Jasikevicius and was a teammate of several current Zalgiris players.
A past of even sweeps
· EuroLeague debutante Zenit swept Bayern in the 2016-17 7DAYS EuroCup regular season, winning 80-77 at home and 88-99 on the road. A year later, Bayern swept Zenit in two Top 16 games in the same competition.
Two decades in the making
· Milan and ASVEL have not played each other in more than 20 years, having last met in the Saporta Cup in 1998.
Back to Barcelona for two Greens
· Tyrese Rice played for Barcelona in the 2016-17 season, the last of his three EuroLeague campaigns before he returned this season. DeShaun Thomas played for Barcelona in the 2014-15 season.