In light of the recent statements made by Mr. Dimitris Giannakopoulos, ten EuroLeague Licensed Clubs wish to express the following:
1. All ten clubs, with no exception, have believed in the collective Euroleague Basketball project and continue to believe in it.
2. The clubs remain united and strong together, having achieved success thanks to this unity.
3. The positive evolution of the EuroLeague in the past 20 years, and most especially in the last decade, has only strengthened this belief and the determination of the group to continue building on its success and bringing European basketball to the next level. This growth has been outstanding with regards to reach, awareness and following of the EuroLeague, but also regarding the economics around it. This has attracted numerous business partners to the EuroLeague ecosystem who see the property as the perfect tool to drive additional growth for their organizations.
4. Since 2000 the EuroLeague Licensed Clubs have established the highest standards of integrity. These include financial, regulatory, transparency, disciplinary and officiating aspects, to mention only those that have been questioned. Such governance standards can be compared only with those of the best sports organizations in the world.
5. The EuroLeague, according to every projection and analysis, continues to enjoy an immense potential for future growth. The clubs remain fully determined to continue taking all necessary steps to bring European professional club basketball to the next level and to deliver the highest-quality competition on the continent to an ever-increasing fanbase.
6. All clubs express their firm desire for Panathinaikos Athens to continue on the EuroLeague path because the club has been an integral part of this venture over the past 19 years. However, the repeated grave and unfounded defamations made by Mr. Giannakopoulos will not be tolerated. The clubs will take any action that they deem necessary to protect the reputation and integrity of their collective and individual properties, and to ensure that the club complies in full with every obligation to which it has committed itself as a member of the group.
Signed by: Anadolu Efes Istanbul, AX Armani Exchange Milan, CSKA Moscow, FC Barcelona, Fenerbahce Beko Istanbul, KIROLBET Baskonia Vitoria-Gasteiz, Maccabi FOX Tel Aviv, Olympiacos Piraeus, Real Madrid and Zalgiris Kaunas.